LEDVANCE will be a worldwide leader in innovative lighting products as well as intelligent and connected lighting solutions (Smart Home). LEDVANCE emerges from the classical lighting business of OSRAM and combines traditional general illumination with modern, forward-looking lighting technology. LEDVANCE is planned to be its own legal entity from July 2016.
As the current LAMPS division of OSRAM, we have very stable, long-standing customer relationships and a powerful distribution network with excellent market access around the globe.
LEDVANCE knows all the requirements of the general illumination market and will cater to the individual demands of its direct and indirect customers.
LEDVANCE will employ about 8,900 people, will be active in 120 countries and generates revenue of around € 2 billion in annual sales.
LEDVANCE will act responsibly towards its customers, employees, business partners, society and the environment – at all its locations around the world.
- A valuable heritage: almost 100 years of experience, expertise and success in the lighting industry
- Strong brands in our portfolio: OSRAM, SYLVANIA (in USA) and many product trademarks (e.g. Radium, Lumilux, etc.)
- Leading market position
- Outstanding market access
- Strong customer relationships over decades with leading distribution partners (e.g., in DIY and electrical wholesale)
- Cost-effective, high-quality production
- Extensive LED lamp portfolio with innovative new products (e.g. SubstiTUBE)
- Traditional lamps for general lighting: halogen lamps, compact fluorescent lamps, high & low pressure discharge lamps
- New business: luminaires for trade and retail customers, smart home products (including the current LIGHTIFY home products
Our passionate, driven and ambitious company culture will help us broaden and enhance our expertise in all fields of the general lighting market:
- We will reinforce and expand our market leadership in traditional lighting
- We will further extend market leadership in LED lighting
- We will extend our product segments:
- Smart LED lighting: seize growth opportunities
- Trade luminaires: use access and proximity to our customers
- Smart home: accompany clients to other intelligent product segments
- We will establish and expand e-commerce as an additional distribution channel
Our activities will help us redefine the role of light in a connected world.